Assembly/IT specialist with more than 10 years experience in both Military and Aerospace-Grade Rugged electro-mechanical assembly, configuration, testing, troubleshooting and desktop user/SOHO troubleshooting and management.
Certified IPC 620 / J-STD. AS9100 Rev D / ISO 9001 internal Auditor.
Technical Skills and Certifications
- Assembly: IPC 620 - Training for Cable and Wire Harness Assemblies; J-STD - Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies.
- Quality Control: Certified ISO 9001:2015 / AS9100 Rev D Internal Auditor.
- Networking/Security: Ansible, SSH, OpenVPN, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Web Servers, TureNAS, RSA Tokens/Hardware Keys, Password Management, System Imaging and deployment
- Operating Systems: Windows, and Linux including Ubuntu, RedHat EL, Raspbian
Vadatech Inc Henderson, NV
Quality Inspector March 2021 - Present
- Responsible for the inspection of manufactured products and process setups when applicable using first article pieces, setup pieces, shift samples, etc. according to checklists, blueprints, travelers and standards.
- Responsible for the completion and maintenance of inspection records, logs and forms.
- Responsible for reporting inspection results and substandard conditions on appropriate forms or digitally on a computer.
- Responsible for identifying product items as accepted or dispositioned appropriately.
- Responsible for the review of travelers to ensure they are complete and print out labels for PCA and chassis assemblies.
- Assists with the preparation of corrective action requests, and preventive action requests as related to production work to ensure compliance with established policies, procedures and work instructions.
- Responsible for filing travelers when the job is complete.
- Perform and maintain 5s in the immediate work area.
Milcots LLC Mahwah, NJ
Head of Repair and Support October 2013 - March 2021
August 2010 - March 2012
- Solely responsible for the Returned Merchandise (RMAs) department, including Incoming inspection, full diagnostics, testing and troubleshooting, repair (assembly/disassembly), and documentation from start to finish
- Responsible for Failure Analysis of both RMAs and Production Issues, and feeding back the lessons learned to both Engineering and Quality departments. From hardware and assembly issues, to software, configuration, and driver issues.
- Responsible for first-builds, to generate manufacturing documentation, install and configure OS and other required software/drivers.
- Responsible for bridging engineering with the production floor to ensure feedback is given, in both directions, for constant improvement.
- Communicate and coordinate with both Customers and Vendors to produce solutions to issues with both RMAs and new production designs
- Responsible for supervising the production floor and personnel, monitoring all procedures and operations for technical accuracy to ensure all IPC and ISO standards are continually being met, aiming to manufacture the highest quality of product
- Use of Made-to-Manage ERP system to generate Job packets and paperwork, check inventory, and coordinate with Purchasing and Production Planning departments
- Responsible for supervision and training of new employees as needed
- Travel to customer and government facilities for on-site work, if needed
pcAmerica Inc. Pearl River, NY
Technical Support Representative May 2012 - January 2014
- Over-the-phone technical support for PC based retail cash register and restaurant POS software, and accompanying hardware
- Troubleshooting of PC Hardware, software, networking, and SQL related issues.
- Night Shift lead technician, including supervision of other technicians and taking call escalations to ensure timely and accurate support.
Stevens Institute of Technology 2008
- Web Fundamentals - Introduces infrastructure underlying the Web, including protocols and markup languages. The scope of the course ranges from mechanics to aesthetics.
- Data Structures and Algorithms - Advanced Java programming and Java Data Structures.
- Computer Org. and Programming: an introduction to computer organization and assembly language programming
- Mechanics (Physics I).
- Biology and Biotechnology
- Intro/Intermediate Java Programming
- Freshman Writing
- Calculus III
- Discrete Mathematics: topics include propositional calculus, predicates and quantifiers, elementary set theory, countability, functions, relations, proof by induction, elementary combinatorics, elements of graph theory, mends, and elements of complexity theory.
Rockland Community College Fall 2007
- Accounting Honors
- Macroeconomics Honors
- Speech Honors
- Principles of Management Honors
- English 101 Honors
Tappan Zee High School 2003-2007
AP Calculus, AP Microeconomics, AP Physics B; Computer Math Basic & Java, National Honor Society, Italian Honor Society, Varsity Lacrosse, Varsity Swimming, Preschool Teaching assistant
John Aldon - President, Milcots, LLC 1 845.357.6700
211 Island Road MAHWAH, NJ, 07430 [email protected]
Mario Santos - Quality Manager, Milcots, LLC 1 845.357.6700
211 Island Road MAHWAH, NJ, 07430 [email protected]
Jim Carroll - President, Carroll-Net, Inc. 1 201.488.1332
Skyler Fox - Product Management Realtime [email protected] [email protected]
Personal references available upon request